That’s what Kevin Slowey is thinking.
Why? Well, Hugh Noyes Mulcahy is best know for his brilliant nickname; he was, of course, the infamous “Losing Pitcher” Mulcahy. Slowey, traded Tuesday from the Twins to the Rockies, went 0-8 last year, appearing in 14 games — all losses by his club. Ouch.
Here’s what his MLB fantasy news page looks like if you read the game snippets for his appearances and other newsworthy events, in chronological order:
- Kevin Slowey pitched six innings in a relief appearance (OK, not bad…)
- Slowey is scheduled to have an MRI (Uh oh…)
- Twins right-hander Kevin Slowey had an MRI on his oblique and abdomen (Great…)
- Twins right-hander Kevin Slowey was diagnosed with a mild strain of his rectus abdominis (While mild is better than severe, anything involving your rectus can’t be good…)
- Twins righty Kevin Slowey was torched by the Yankees (Rectus better; stuff, not so much…)
- Twins starter Kevin Slowey was tagged for five earned runs in a 6-1 loss (Progress. Tagged isn’t as bad as torched. And nothing about a rectus.)
- Kevin Slowey was the hard-luck loser.
- Kevin Slowey twirled seven innings of two-run ball, scattering seven hits without a walk and striking out four in a tough-luck loss to the Angels (Sweet. One thing he needs is bad luck.)
- Kevin Slowey was roughed up for six runs and seven hits in four innings (Told ya.)
- Kevin Slowey surrendered five runs and seven hits in four innings (See above.)
- Twins starter Kevin Slowey was tagged for five earned runs on six hits (Sigh.)
- Twins righty Kevin Slowey was torched by the Royals on Monday (Fine.)
- The Rockies acquired right-handed pitcher Kevin Slowey from the Twins for a player to be named.